Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My rose bushes died this winter.  They were 16 years old.  We needed to dig them out.  We got a bid from a landscaping company and they said it would cost $800.00.  I googled to see if a women could dig a rose bush out.  It said a strong women could.  So I though I could.  I did pretty good and got the first two out just fine.  The third fought back.  I was digging and trying to pull it up with a shovel, and it  flipped out and I feel flat on my face on the cement.  I scratched my glasses, got a black eye, got a hurt area around my rib, and hurt my knee.  It was delightful.  Here is a picture of my last rose for a while and my hurt knee.  I didn't take a picture of mu black eye. It was the first one I ever had.  Then my daughter in law(Rebecca) called me up and told me  she
felt unpowered and would bring the truck over and we would pull them out.  What I learned from this that it is tuff for a strong women to dig out roses, but is possible for a strong women with a truck and tow rope to pull them out.  Do you think I should call google.

No comments: